Hello everyone! Today we will be discussing the Top 10 songs that I am currently listening to. These are my personal favorites, and also take out a good couple of hours of my day.
Disclaimer: These songs are not in any order or how much I like or listen to them!! They are all great songs!!
10. "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People -- Released in 2010. While it may be seen as a bit controversial, it has a great feel to it. The lyrics might be a little scary, but the purpose is to raise awareness on school violence in general.
9. "Sail" by AWOLNATION -- Released in 2011. This song is a rock-type, in which the singer addresses why he isn't like everyone else around him. He says things such as "blame it on my ADD" and "maybe I'm a different breed." These correlate with reasons why he may be different.
8. "Lovely" by Billie Eilish ft. Khalid -- Released in 2018. This is an emotional song, which was featured on 13 Reasons Why. With phrases such as "heart made of glass, mind of stone" and "wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear," it really gives a feeling of depression. It explains how depression and anxiety feel, for those who don't feel it.
7. "Valentine" by 5 Seconds of Summer -- Released in 2018. This song is good for one main reason: it's about how the singer/songwriter loves someone so much that they don't care how they act towards them. They can be mean or sweet. Either way, they want this person in their life.
6. "Natural" by Imagine Dragons -- Released in 2018. This song is a great example of artwork. It discusses how you "gotta be so cold to make it in this world." This phrase can mean so many things. For me, it's just that to survive you have to be a mean person so that people can't abuse you and take advantage of you.
5. "Side Effects" by The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren -- Released in 2018. I love how this song discusses how bad it sucks to want to be with someone that isn't worth your time. By stating "went looking for a sign but instead I got a message," the singer/songwriter shows how hard it is to stay away from this person.
4. "My Blood" by Twenty One Pilots -- Released in 2018. This song is basically the singer/songwriter telling someone that they will be there for them through anything. By saying "if you find yourself in a lion's den, I'll jump right in and pull my pin, and go with you," he is saying that there isn't anything to be afraid of when you have friends with you.
3. "Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood -- Released in 2013. Regardless of how "old" this song may be, it has an amazing beat, and is one that will always be a favorite.
2. "Riptide" by Vance Joy -- Released in 2013. This song isn't only amazing because of the use of the ukulele, but because of how authentic the song feels. It's as if the song is a letter to a friend, talking about this woman that he has a fascination with.
1. " Happier" by Marshmello ft. Bastille -- Released in 2018. This song is so full of emotion that it makes you feel all types of things. "I want to raise your spirits, I want to see you smile but know that means I'll have to leave," and then "even though I might not like this, I know that you'll be happier." This is my favorite part of the whole song. The singer/songwriter is saying that he is aware of the circumstances, and that he knows how bad it will hurt for him to leave this person, but he is willing to leave if it makes them happy. It shows the true sacrifices that people will make for love.
I could talk about these songs for hours, and how deep they affect me, but we don't have any time for that! This is gonna wrap up this week's Top 10. Be sure to stay tuned for next week!